It’s the most wonderful time of the year! The cold weather is settled in and holiday gatherings are on the horizon. Filled with family time and long-standing traditions, the season is bursting with joy. It’s the perfect time to create memories with family and friends but, if you don’t plan ahead, you could find yourself quite overwhelmed with all the details. Check out our 25 tips to help you get prepared for any size gathering.
- Start decorating early, get your outside lights and decorations up before the weather gets cold – or it snows. This doesn’t mean you have to turn them on until you’re ready.
- Be considerate of your guests’ safety, make sure outdoor lights are working properly and the walkway is free of snow and ice.
- When adding a fresh pine wreath to your front door, spritz it with water then with hairspray. This preserves your wreath and it will last longer.
- Declutter the main living areas of your home; foyer, kitchen, living room, dining room, etc.
- Deep clean your home from top to bottom, you want it to look spic and span but also smell fresh and clean.
- Create a warm and welcome first impression by organizing your foyer; clean up the space by removing extra shoes and coats. Add a bench where guests can sit to remove their boots and decorate the area with tasteful lights and greenery. more