First Impressions, your home must sell itself, an attractive home, well maintained and sparkling clean is most appealing to potential buyers
A pleasing exterior appearance is essential for that critical first impression. These simple suggestions will help show off your property to its best advantage.
- Trim the lawn and keep it green
- Shape up the shrubs and weed the flower beds
- Clear the entry by keeping the walkways free of toys, bicycles, garden tools, leaves and other hazards
- Brighten the structure with a fresh coat of paint or just a good cleaning
- Replace screens if they are rusted or torn.
- Remove mildew of moss from sidewalks or decks
- Add Charm with flowers along the entry walk, in a pot by the odor or in a cheerful window box.
- Pick up all pet droppings
- Tidy up garage to show off its size
Think of prospective buyers as your guest and prepare the inside of your house accordingly
- Freshen up rooms with a new coat of paint. A modest investment in time and money can possibly add dollars to the final selling price. Sometimes just a touchup will do. Choose light, natural colors for the greatest appeal.
- Clean up clutter for appearance and safety’s sake. Pay special attention to stairways, halls and children’s rooms
- Go on a kitchen campaign and keep it especially clean. The sink should always be clean and free of dirty dishes.
- Countertops appear more spacious when clean and uncluttered.
- Freshly mopped floors and baseboards can “show off” your kitchen area.
- Make bathrooms sparkle by cleaning the tile and porcelain.
- Replace loose caulking or grout
- Fix any dripping faucets.
- Wash all windows and keep curtain and drapes clean
- Vacuum blinds and wipe down window sills
- Clear out closets to make them appear roomier. Add extra space by pre-packing out-of-season clothing.
- Clean the fireplace and make a cozy, crackling fire.
- Roll out the welcome mat with a rough-textured doormat. It will keep your floors and carpets cleaner during showings. And it says you care about your home!
- Eliminate odors by preventing them in the first place. Try to avoid frying or burning food the night of or the day of a showing
- Freshen up the entire kitchen by sending lemon through the garbage disposal.
- Sweeten the refrigerator with a box of baking soda
- Add special accents that make your home appear comfortable and inviting. Cut flowers in a vase. Fresh baked cookies or bread in the oven.
Don’t overdo, but think about the things you have seen in attractive model homes that might subconsciously influence potential qualified buyers.
- Empty out the attic to display the full value of this much appreciated but often neglected storage space.
- Clean and brighten the basement with light paint and large wattage bulbs.
- Drain sediment from your water heater to eliminate any rusty water flowing from hot water taps.
- Treat pets to a stroll while your house is being shown
Our sales staff will guide you every step of the way with their knowledge, professionalism and integrity. They have been involved in new construction, resort development, traditional commercial and residential Real Estate sales. We have a combined 115 years in the business with additional specialties in First time home buyers and IRS 1031 exchanges.