Mold is often overlooked in health issues
What is Mold one will ask, that is a very good question. According to Wikipedia: A mold (US) or mould (UK / NZ / AU / ZA / IN / CA / IE) is a fungus that grows in the form of multicellular filaments called hyphae. In contrast, fungi that can adopt a single-celled growth habit are called yeasts.
NOTE: The following information in this writeup is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. This write up does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
As we recently discovered, mold grows for the most part undetected and, most people don’t realize they have a problem because they can’t see it at the beginning or ever. In our discovery there are 12 common types of mold in homes according to Aer Industries, and black mold is usually known as Stachybotrys which is a toxic strain that effects many in various ways. Depending on the health of the individual, any mold type can be toxic not just the Stachybotrys strain.
How can something we may not see affect us? According to Nature’s Mold RX “normally healthy, young to middle-aged adults may not notice any health effects from mold. That does not mean they are not affected by mold, but often they do not make the connection between mold and chronic cold, flu or other respiratory conditions”
Let’s dive down into the underlying cause of many health issues associated with Mold. The reason I bring this up is to expose you of other possibilities to what might be ailing you. I’m a firm believer of knowledge is power.
Let’s begin with a quote by Dr. Mark Hyman “There are molds in the environment and there are molds in food. And people that are sensitive to mold in their environment are more often sensitive to mold or yeast in their foods”.
According to Doug Kaufmann the Author of The Fungus Link: An Introduction to Fungal Disease,: “Mold, a certain type of them make a byproduct that is called a micro toxin, so it’s a mold poison”.
With Functional Medicine micro toxins are often looked at as a piece of the picture. In the micro toxins profile the individuals mold exposure challenge is often realized. Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt of the Sophia Institute talks about “treating the mold that’s inside you and shutting down the mycotoxin production that way”. He further states “we always start with the heavy metals to acknowledge there is a link between mercury toxicity and mold”. Dr. Klinghardt further states “that when you threaten a mold with an effective remedy, that mold will crank up its production of mycotoxins” It’s important to have your liver ducts open and working optimally. This information was discovered in the TOXIC MOLD SUMMIT of 2019.
According to the Black Mold Guide Mold exposure symptoms include a wide range of respiratory symptoms, like coughing, sneezing, runny nose, sore throat, asthma or asthma-like symptoms, labored breathing, wheezing and upper respiratory tract infections. House mold symptoms go beyond respiratory symptoms, though, to include things like dizziness, fatigue, headache, depression, short-term memory problems and difficulty concentrating. Skin irritation may also occur. Who is at Risk and identifying Household mold.
If you or someone you know is experiencing any of these symptoms, have been to your doctor and checked out all other possible problems with no sign that the issue is going away, you might want to have your doctor do a micro toxin test.
The last in our three part Mold series will provide some information on how to detect mold living in your home or work place.