Following an appeal by NHAR, ”Real Estate Transactions" has been added to the list of essential services in the Governor's stay-at-homc order. The real estate provision reads as follows:
Real Estate Transactions/Agents/Brokers
- Meetings between brokers/agents and clients (or prospective clients) cannot take place at a real estate brokerages' physical offices but may take place with social distancing or remotely by phone, video or other electronic means.
- Showings of homes or other properties may take place by appointment and with appropriate social distancing measures.
- Real estate closings can continue, either through remote means or with social distancing for any in-person transactions.
- Property inspections and appraisals may continue with appropriate social distancing.
- Open houses are not permitted.
The revised "essential services" explanntion ant4 list can he found here, and is attached.
For continued news, updates and guidance regarding the Coronavirus as 'it pertains to the real estate industry, please refer tn our de.din.ate.d CoronaVirus page, found here.